Durham's Local Offer
What is the Local Offer?
Every local authority must publish a Local Offer. The Local Offer tells you what support the local authority expects to be available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities. It must include information about education, health and care provision. It should also tell you about training, employment and independent living for young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
County Durham Families Information Service provides more information on the Local Offer for County Durham Council.
Who is it for?
The Local Offer is for:
- children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities from birth to 25
- their parents and carers
- practitioners and professionals
What should the Local Offer do?
The Local Offer should:
- make it easier to find out what you need to know
- give you information about what is available
- tell you where you can get further information